Monday, January 16, 2012

Yes Virginia there is a Santa.....

I expected Christmas 2011 to be quiet and uneventful but boy was I wrong. The week before Christmas I was at the airport and bumped into Tom Smith who is a fellow PAOP member and pilot friend. Tom asked the normal question if Ethel and I would be flying the 2012 Air Race Classic and I went on to explain we needed a plane with more power, extended range fuel tanks, two GPS and auto-pilot. Tom's reply was you know my plane has all that and he proceeded to offer his plane for the race. I must say I almost fell over and was close to tears.

So needless to say Yes Virginia there is a Santa and his name is Tom Smith. Ethel and I will be flying Tom's 1979 Cessna R172K airplane. I still can't believe it!!!!

THANK YOU Tom!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment