Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday in Lake Havasu....

Today was a busy day....again!!! Ethel and I were at the airport by 8am so I could volunteer for the Kids Aviation Workshop that the ARC sponsored.  I showed the kids a Cessna 172 that we allowed them to sit in.   There were almost 30 kids and it was a blast.  Here is one of the groups of girls that I talked too.  






Here is a picture of my friend Alison and myself in from of D2 (ARC Central) at Lake Havasu Airport.  See that little cactus in front of us?  It is very sharp and I have a nice scratch from that little plant. 



Speaking of hazards around the airport a local told us how to preflight our airplanes on Tuesday.  She explained that the snakes, scorpions and poisonous spiders love the warm tarmac around the airplanes.  She said you even have to watch out opening the doors of the airplane because these creatures love to crawl up in this little nooks and crannies of the airplane.  


Here is the boat that sits right in from of D2 and it is acutal right along a taxiway.  The boat is very cool because it has a map of Lake Havasu on it.  






So we took a little break and made a dash to ferry that crosses the lake to CA side.  We wanted to get out on the water and have lunch in CA.  Here are some shots from the ferry and of the Canal. 




I am going to sign off right now.  I am still on Eastern Standard Time so it is 9:10pm here and 12:10pm in PA.   I am tired so I will post more photos tomorrow.   We have a 10am briefing and then a 5:30pm banquet.   We will be doing some planning and plotting for the race tomorrow afternoon.   



No comments:

Post a Comment